A common pattern of shyness, feelings of inadequacy, and hypersensitivity to negative evaluation in society, beginning in early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
1. Avoids work-related activities that require personal contact for fear of criticism, disapproval, or exclusion.
2. He does not want to have intercourse with people unless he knows for sure that they will like it.
3. Behaves in close relationships for fear of embarrassment or ridicule.
4. In social situations, he is preoccupied with thoughts of being criticized or excluded.
5. Due to feelings of inadequacy, he also behaves shyly in environments where he is with new people.
6. Sees himself as socially inept, personally unattractive, or inferior to others.
7. Don't be afraid to take personal initiatives as it might be embarrassing.