Anxiety is your body's natural response to stress. It is a feeling of fear or anxiety about what is to come. For example, going to a job interview or giving a speech on the first day of school can cause fear and tension in some people. However, if your feelings of anxiety are excessive, last at least 6 months, and are affecting your life, you may have an anxiety disorder.
Generalized anxiety signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling nervous, restless, or nervous
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic, or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Rapid breathing (hyperventilation)
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than current anxiety
Having an urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
- Difficulty controlling anxiety
- There are several types of anxiety disorders:
- Anxiety disorder due to a medical condition
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder
When see a doctor?
- Other specified anxiety disorder and unspecified anxiety disorder.
Anxiety disorders are treatable disorders. Successful results are achieved through psychotherapy, drug therapy or a combination of the two. The appropriate one should be determined by an expert opinion. However, it is necessary to start by being aware of whether the anxiety will go away on its own. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Schema Therapy or Psychodynamic Therapy are evidence-based therapy schools used to overcome anxiety disorders. The changes you will make in your lifestyle will enable you to cope with the symptoms of anxiety disorder and to eliminate the negative effects of these symptoms on your life and to live a more peaceful life. With Tappy online therapy, you can overcome anxiety by creating a session from our expert staff, tell, share, lighten!